PROJECT: ACCELERATING HIV EPIDEMIC IN FORT REGION (ACE-FORT)
FUNDED BY BAYLOR UGANDA
General Objective of the project: To strengthen community engagement towards achievement of the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets and ensuring delivery of quality HIV/TB and psychosocial services along the continuum of care.
Funding Modality: In April 2019 Baylor Uganda changed the modality of funding from input mode of financing to output mode of financing (Result based financing).
Project Coverage: The project has been implemented in sub counties of Karambi sub county, Mahango Sub county, Kilembe Sub county, Rukoki Sub county and Bulembia Division.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS FROM OCTOBER 2019 TO SEPTEMBER 2020
- We have supported 2047 pregnant mothers to access medical services hence increasing visibility of the organization in the community.
- We have served over 1539 OVC and their caregiver for four quarters and we have been able to graduate 11 households from vulnerability
- 2047 clients referred from the community to the health facility for Antenatal Care Services.
- 15 Health Facility Monthly Meeting attended by CBO (at least one per quarter at each supported health facility).
- 1337 active beneficiaries served by OVC programs (Core Program Areas) for children and families affected by HIV/AIDS (Home visited in the present & preceding quarter with complete and clear home visit form and action plan filled out; Knowledge of current HIV &VL status for those eligible with appropriate interventions to achieve 2nd & 3rd 95)
- 1332 OVC have been served with 3 or more core program areas during the reporting period.
- 135 presumptive TB cases referred to the health facility and confirmed to be presumptive (Refer all contacts <5years for IPT if no symptoms of TB; refer as presumptive if has symptoms of TB)
- 200 people screened for TB in Congregate Settings (Including community Sensitization Sessions before screening)
- 25 TB patients on TB CB DOTS
- 95 persons identified in the community, referred to the health facility/CDO and received a service for post GBV clinical care.
- 22 Stepping Stones Sessions conducted