Alliance for Children and Youth Uganda (A4CY-U) in partnership Girls first fund is implementing a project titled “Community-led efforts to end Child marriage and Teenage pregnancies in Bugoye Sub County”. The project’s main objective is to increase access to quality Child protection, Education and reproductive health services for young girls and boys in and out of school in Bugoye Sub County. Alliance for Children and Youth- Uganda seeks to recruit a Reproductive Health Officer who will work as technical officer in the areas of Sexual Reproductive Health and Health Rights programing.
|Position||Reproductive Health Officer|
|Thematic area||Education and Adolescent Development (BEAD)|
|Responsible To||Head of Programs|
|Employment Terms||One year with possibility of extension|
|Duty Station||Rwakingi IB, Bugoye Sub County, Kasese District.|
Overall Job Summary
- The Reproductive Health Officer will work as technical person in the areas of Sexual Reproductive and Maternal Health and Rights implementation.
- S/he will work closely with the Education and Adolescent Development (BEAD) Project officer in implementing Reproductive Health activities and rights programing for young people in Bugoye Sub County.
- S/he will facilitate linkages to health services; ensuring Centre based referrals, health service mapping and support capacity enhancement of Para social workers and VHTs.
- Ensure planning and preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans and reports on ﬁeld activities for timely submission to the Head of programs.
- Responsible for writing and documenting case stories of lessons learnt during the project implementation. S/he will monitor program supply inventory levels and perform monthly spot-checks on program commodity inventory.
- Under the various funding streams within the project, s/he will contribute to integration of gender transformative program approaches and implementation of Sexual Reproductive and Maternal Health and Rights activities within the Humanitarian setting.
Education Qualifications and Specifications
- Must have a DIPLOMA in a heath related field preferably a double trained Registered Nurse with at least one year of hands on professional experience and skills in implementation of Sexual Reproductive and Maternal Health, GBV, and HIV /AIDs programs.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills; sound judgment and decision making skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with adolescents
- Strong counselling skills. Candidates with additional training in counselling have added advantage.
- Ability to network, build relationships and establishes collaboration with different partners, agencies local and international networks
- Must have Knowledge in Child protection and child rights programming.
- MUST be aged below 30 years
Job application procedure
Candidates with the above proﬁle should submit only an updated CV and Application letter articulating their alignment to the above position, give a day time telephone contact plus an alternative number. Also submit telephone contacts and email addresses of 3(three) work related referees to:
The Head of Human Resources & Administration
Alliance for children and Youth Uganda
P O Box 457 Kasese
Or on email: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is Thursday 25th July 2019 at 5:00 pm
A4CY-U is an equal opportunity employer; Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.