Alliance for Children and Youth Uganda (A4CY-U) in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is implementing a project on Accelerating Epidemic Control (ACE) in the Rwenzori region. The project’s main objective is to support implementation and acceleration of comprehensive prevention, care and treatment programs for HIV epidemic control in Kasese including Providing Initiated Testing and Counseling, TB/HIV, OVC care and ART for adults and children. In an effort to roll out the “Bi-directional clinical community and OVC Referrals, linkages and Service Delivery implementation strategy” Alliance for Children and Youth Uganda seeks to recruit a Data Clerk.
|Thematic area||Nutrition and HIV/AIDS (NAH)|
|Responsible To||Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensure up-to-date database through the regular capture of data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and data management purposes as per A4CY stipulate policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update and maintain the client Database on a daily basis.
- Receive, prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry.
- Check data source documents and entries for accuracy.
- Verify data and correct data where necessary.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed project database, files and forms.
- Transcribe information into required electronic format.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Contribute to team effort by availing output results for the reporting periods as needed.
- Check and verify reported results for accuracy.
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files.
- Maintain M&E office equipment and stationery supplies.
- Regularly support fellow staff with M&E needs within his/her capacity.
- Support staff in understanding and using availed M&E tools to ensure quality data collection.
- Prepare and print information when required.
- Participate in operation researches as may be required.
- Ensure proper documentation and storage of data tools.
- Ensure that client information is secure.
- Completing database backups
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Participate in periodic reviews.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in preparing and organizing for reviews to share and disseminate project performance information.
- At least Diploma in Statistics or Computer related field.
- Candidates with Monitoring and evaluation skills have an added advantage
- Two years’ experience in a similar field preferably in an NGO environment.
- Be highly organized and work well in fast-paced environments.
- Should have excellent communication and must be able to multitask.
- Reliability and attention to details.
- Pproficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office, Excel, and Access, Internet Explorer with some computer troubleshooting skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Data collection and management
- Decision-making skills
Applications with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and copies of academic testimonials/ certificates should be submitted to;
The Head of Human Resources & Administration
Alliance for children and Youth Uganda
Plot 13 Park Drive Street
P O Box 457 Kasese
Or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is Monday 20 August 2018
Application form Download
Alliance for children and youth Uganda is an equal opportunity employer; female staff is encouraged to apply.